Likely you have seen girls walking around with cheeks that look unnaturally flushed. I see it when I am walking around my college campus almost every day. Blame it on the blush. Blush is a good makeup tool that can help accentuate your cheeks, but if done in the wrong way, you’ll just end up looking like a clown. Unless you like the clown look, there is no reason that you should look like one because of your blush. College ladies, and any other ladies, listen up. Here are some tips to ensure that you look the best with your blush.
1. Start with the right color. Blush isn’t something that people can tell that you are wearing. It should be subtle enough that people don’t notice it, but it enhances your features. Often, people choose the wrong color because they want people to notice that they are wearing blush. To find the color that is best for you, you should take a trip outside the cold and stay there for a few minutes. When you come back, take notice of your cheeks, that’s the color that your blush should be.
2. Choose the brand right for you. When it comes to beauty products, you do pay for what you get. It’s better to get something that is a little more expensive rather than getting a blush that will look cheap on you.
3. Determine your facial shape. There are many different ways to put blush on based on your facial structure. Determine the shape of your face before you start applying your blush. You might have been doing it wrong!
4. Choose between gel and powder. You need to determine which one is right for you. If you go for a gel blush, it is a little bolder. If you go for the powder form, it will often look more subtle. Choose what look you want for you!
5. Get a good brush. Make sure that you get a good brush when you apply your blush. It will look streaky and bad if you don’t use the right blush brush.
6. Use a cotton ball. Apply the blush on the apples of your cheeks and then dot it with a cotton ball. It will make your color look a lot more natural.
7. Moisturize. Make sure that you skin is moisturized. If it’s not, the blush will look cracked and ugly.
Pictured: MAC Chenman Collection Beauty Powder.