There are hues for every season. Just as the colors of each season change, so do those of our clothing, makeup, and latest fashion trends. Some colors are distinct to the fall season. The following are a few of the hottest makeup shades for the fall season.
(1) Browns: Brown eye shadow palettes are always a hit in the autumn months. They match almost any skin tone and go with many looks because they are natural-looking. You can purchase brown eye shadow palettes in a variety of hues from light toffee-colored browns to creamy mochas and dark chestnuts. Deep chocolates are also popular in the fall.
(2) Blues: Cool blue eye shadow palettes are also appropriate for the cooler fall season. Depending upon your complexion, you can select from dark navy-colored blues or light, shimmery turquoise ones. If you’re not too hot on blue eye shadows, try simply using a cobalt blue eyeliner for that cool pop of autumn blue.
(3) Greens: Dark greens are also great for the fall season. They pair extremely well with brown and golden color palettes as well. If you’re not too keen on green eye shadow, consider an emerald eye liner instead.
(4) Purples: Deep, intense, rich purple eye shadow palettes are some of the best hues for the autumn months. They look particularly striking with many of fall’s hottest clothing colors like browns, greens, and blues. Pair intense Bordeaux purple hues with smoky neutrals for a stunning autumn effect.
(5) Reds: Red eye shadows are particularly popular in the autumn months. Some people, however, are hesitant to wear red for fear that it is too bold or that it doesn’t go well with their complexions. Try a burnt orange instead if you’re skeptical about tackling a full-on red. Burnt orange will give you a bit of that reddish hue without screaming “Red!”
(6) Grays: Smoky eyes are always in style, but especially so in the fall. Grays are nice, cool fall colors. The great thing about gray eye shadow palettes is that you can use them with almost any other palettes to add smokiness to them. Stick to matte grays, though, because metallic grays look almost silver and futuristic.
(7) Peaches, blush, and golden: Peachy, blush, and golden eye shadow palettes are great for fall. They give that autumn blush appearance reminiscent of the changing of the autumn leaves. Shimmery eye shadow palettes work best for peach, blush, and golden colors.
As you can see, there are a variety of palette options appropriate for the fall season. While all palettes might not work well with every skin complexion, there are ways to adjust each palette to your skin type. For instance, if a dark chocolate brown eye shadow doesn’t go well with your skin type, try a neutral colored shimmery brown instead. There are so many hues of each color that with a bit of trial and error, you should be able to find palettes within each color type that go well with your complexion. Also remember that the colors don’t necessarily have to be the color of your eye shadow. Use colored liners for a pop of fall color too.