BB creams can be called the one-stop-shop of everything related to makeup and skin care. Why is it so? There are several reasons why BB creams are the talk of the town at this time and day and it will all be discussed in this article.
What are BB Creams for?
This is one of the big questions when it comes to BB creams. Those who may have not heard of this product in the past may be left scratching their heads and wondering what the product even is. In simple terms, these products are multi-purpose creams that can act as the all-in-one, one-stop-shop, go-to face cream. These creams are great for those who are short on time for their face routines or for those who don’t want to do so many steps, but it’s actually also excellent for those who are seeking a miracle product as well.
Depending on the formulation, BB creams can:
- Moisturize - Most of these products are designed to keep your skin moisturized. As a matter of fact almost all BB creams are supposed to be hydrating to the skin.
- Protect from UVA/UVB Rays – Sun protection is very important when it comes to skin care as it keeps the skin young and healthy. SPF is an important factor in keeping the skin free of wrinkles for as long as possible to maintain a youthful glow, and most BB’s have SPF-just look for the right one for you.
- Anti-Wrinkle – Some formulations of BB creams have components in them that can help to prevent wrinkles. There are even some formulas that are specifically for anti-aging.
- Skin Brightening/Lightening - Because many Asian women desire to have their skin appearing lighter, many formulations of BB creams are targeted for lightening. However, skin brightening formulations can bring out the skin’s inner radiance, slowly fading old blemish scars and marks to make the skin beautiful in the long term.
- Blemish Healing – BB creams were first formulated as salves for those who underwent laser surgery, and as such most formulations have retained their skin-healing properties. Some formulas are made to help with acne and other skin problems.
- Makeup Base or Foundation - Most BB creams have pigment to them that makes them tinted. As such, they may provide light to heavy coverage akin to those of foundations.
Who knows what other purposes BB creams have nowadays, especially with cosmetics companies dreaming up product after product after product. There is one simple thing to be said about these products-and that is that their convenience is truly unbeatable. With so many purposes and uses these products can have, it’s truly no surprise that so many find them to be the miracle product, the one-stop-shop.
South Korean actresses were the first to really discover this product for the beauty purpose and since then the craze has undoubtedly begun. Today, BB creams are popular the world over-from South Korea to Japan, South East Asia and today, even the USA, Europe and Australia.
This article was written by Chrissy, the content writer and editor for Smart Poppy–Australia’s Top Online Cosmetics Discounter.